External Insulation at Holmes Insulation
Holmes Insulation use three types of External Wall Insulation System (EWIS)
“Mid-weight External Insulation System”
System 1 is a mid-weight external wall insulation system, predominantly used with Powerwall Dry-Dash Finish. This system can be used in both the refurbishment of existing buildings or in new build projects for increased thermal efficiency
“High Impact Insulation System”
System 2 is a heavyweight external wall insulation system designed for use in areas of high impact. The system can be completed using a wide range of finishes from traditional wet cast render to modern acrylic based coatings.
“Lightweight Insulation System”
System 3 is our lightweight external wall insulation system designed for use with modern acrylic renders. This system can be applied to virtually any substrate from masonry to calcium silicate board due to its extremely light weight. The use of modern acrylics means a vast range of colours are available for finishes.
Each of these three External Thermal Insulation Systems (ETIC) systems each comprised a similar set of parts:
- Surface preparation of masonry or concrete substrate;
- Full system beads and render-only beads;
- Insulation board (standard white EPS, carbon-enhanced grey EPS, mineral wool, PIR);
- Cement-based undercoat incorporating an alkali resistant fibreglass mesh;
- Decorative finish coat;
- Mechanical fixings;
- Weather-tight joints;
- Movement joints;
- Provision for limiting cold bridging at external wall/floor junctions in compliance with Acceptable Construction Details published by the DoEHLG
- Provision for fire stopping at external compartment walls and floors.
"Holmes Insulation, Building Relationships with Honesty and Integrity"